One of the few challenges faced by global companies is hiring IT talent. The company might already have a team of employees who would be handling the different projects of its clients. But what happens when more projects come in and the present team does not have the time or the required skills for it? Do they hire more permanent staff, expanding their offices and accommodating the hires? Do they start paying the salaries, perks, and benefits? There is this unrelenting struggle to hire a cream of talent, train and retain them. Irrespective of their own workforce, some companies have to go through another hiring process when they are in the onset of a project, especially when they do not have the required skills.
In Staff Augmentation, you bring qualified and skilled workers from an agency that provides you with staff.
They will work alongside your own internal staff throughout the duration of the project. Their work is on contract basis, either in your brick and mortar office or from their own home/office.
What’s Good About It?
Naturally, you can save on training the present staff, because you bring in skilled people from outside.
· You don’t have to take any liabilities concerning these employees.
· You don’t have to pay bonuses, health insurance or any other expenses.
· You can increase/decrease the size of the staff as per your requirements.
· Your own staff will not feel threatened because (they) are not permanent.
· Augmented staff is flexible, so you can adapt them to your business conditions.
In Project Outsourcing, your company hires a team of people from another firm. They will be with you during the duration of the project. The team will be managed by the outsourcer, with the specific tasks that they have to do explained in a detail manner.
Here, the outsourcer is responsible for the skill of the team. Your company will not be directly involved in the work process because you will be handling it through the outsourcer.
What You Would Love About It
· You don’t have to spend time, money and resources on training or managing the workers.
· The outsourcer will be responsible for assigning you a team that knows their tasks well.
· You can ramp up the team or downsize it anytime you need.
· There is practically no contractor vs. employee scenario here.
· You can negotiate large contracts with the negotiator because they will manage their own economies of scale.